Local testing facilities are being swamped with the recent Covid-19 surge. Saliva testing at home is an option to help save the local facilities for people with symptoms. We encourage families to order kits and have them if needed. The district has staff testing available every other Wednesday (3-24-2021, 4-7-2021, etc) in which the district is willing to send student tests with ours which is discussed below. Please consider participating, it is no cost. Clicking the link below to order. If you have any questions, please call 283-2571 and we will help.
Student COVID-19 Testing Update
Reminder About Options for Students
At Governor Walz’s direction, MDE is removing yet another barrier to testing: the UPS drop box. While some kids live down the street from a drop box, it’s quite a haul for others. Students will now be able to send their Vault-at-Home tests back to the lab through their schools.
How this works:
- Students or families order tests through the Vault-at-Home program (remember tests are no costs to Minnesota residents).
- Students complete their test at home.
- Students seal their sample tube and place it in the biohazard bag. The biohazard bag then gets sealed in the shipping bag that came with the test. The shipping label sticker is attached to the bag.
- Students bring their sealed shipping bag with the shipping label to school on your designated onsite testing day. Please communicate clearly with all students and families as to the day of your onsite testing programs.
To help students comply with MDH’s bi-weekly testing guidance and use at-home tests as a screening tool:
- Students should test on the same schedule as staff (a specific day every other week).
- Students will need to have a Vault-at-Home kit on hand at home to complete and bring to school on staff testing day.
- Once students receive notice that their sample is being processed at the lab, they can order another Vault-at-Home kit for the next screening day.